Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
In depth idiot
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Somewhat surprising that it has taken this long to make this move. It's most unlikely that there will be any more newly tooled 'Oxford' branded introductions would be my guess.

Without hesitation, I declare the N7 the best loco from Oxford, J27 as runner up. Having gained experience on models of lesser railway's traction - sound idea that - these last two loco introductions are all around competent. I suggest that the N7 is going to make Hornby's long term LNER 0-6-2T - the N2 originally tooled by Airfix GMR some time in a previous millenium - look rather shabby. Looks right, traction is good thanks to weight from a largely diecast body combined with a quiet and fully concealed drive, and a neat detail fit.

And should you have been havering over an N7 or J27, and you want it at the circa £100 price point, probably best to act now...

·
In depth idiot
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was Hattons four weeks ago, but they have now sold out and are 'awaiting deliveries'. So I am afraid it is a cruise around the retailer sites for a deal on one that is in stock...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts