Hornby International have revealed the full list of improvements to the ex-Lima, Jouef and Rivarossi models that will be incorporated into all new models released under the Hornby International banner.
1) All new models will have the 5 pole motor used throughout the Hornby range bringing better control.
2) The decoration and printwork will be to the improved standard currently offered to UK outline Hornby modellers.
3) All locomotives will have additional pick ups offering smoother running.
4) There are improvements to the working lights and these will be clearer.
5) All locomotives will be DCC ready.
6) There are general pantagraph improvements to both the fit and the wiring.
7) Valve gear will be photo etched bringing greater clarity to the super detailing.
Many of the locomotives will have NEM couplers and sprung buffers fitted.
Further, the UK RRP prices are now available. The very good news is that to celebrate the launch of the new company a number of the Hornby International retailers in the UK and Europe will be offering the new range at special launch prices. Please approach your favourite stockists of international models for more information.
HJ2006 Jouef Electric CC6500 - SNCF CC6523 RRP £125
HL2003 Lima Electric loco E10 DC RRP £115
HR2005 Rivarossi Big Boy 4-8-8-4 RRP £230
We can also reveal that the Arnold N gauge range has now been fully reconciled (Hornby International basically had a bag of parts to sort through!