·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Thankyou for posting the link!
Steve

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
It is all very well Hornby detailing their new arrivals for 2009 but we are still waiting for some of their 2008 arrivals with no official information as to the distributions date for the Schools or Standard class locos.
Wouldn't it be better for Hornby to concentrate their resources on completing the 2008 production line and keeping us informed of its progress ?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Here Here I say It does seem a little silly that we are still waiting for LAST years models and they seem to be concentrating on new models for this year that we still don't really know if they will be out !!! Like 2008's models.

Thankyou all the same poliss

Kind regards

Paul

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
In business if you are not seen to be moving forward (ie in Hornbys case new stuff for 09) then the view taken by the spivs is that something is wrong and your share price will suffer. Esp in todays climate. Progress or death could sumit up!
Steve

·
Administrator
9,898 Posts
I spy a little two pin connector trailing from the rear of the Clan. I think this is how it is going to be in production because it will be paired with the appropriate Britannia tender and these have sockets on them already?

David

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anybody got any clues or documentation as to where these 12 wheelers pullmans that is.. were used and when...a chap I know says he remembers'Grosvenor' in the Newhaven Boat Train...where can we use these beauties???
Phil

·
In depth idiot
7,830 Posts
Some of the 12 wheeled cars built for the Caledonian Railway, and subsequently bought by the LMS for use principally in Scotland, lasted into the 1950's, but these would be in LMS and then BR livery. The 12 wheeled cars 'disappeared' from regular service on the LNER when the sets of all steel type K cars appeared in 1928 for the East Coast Pullman services. (Which won't stop this BR(ER) modeller from acquiring a couple; they can run on a race day special taking toffs to watch the gees.)

Their main haunt was the Southern, and they lasted in regular service on BR(SR) until about 1960. Up to that date they could be found in any loco-hauled Pullman service, as they were completely interchangeable with the 8 wheel cars. Just don't have more than one or two in a BR(SR) 14 car 'Brighton Belle' set, as the 8 wheel cars were much more numerous.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 9 Feb 2009, 21:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>am i the only one who just read neils message and had an image of a hornby clan going round with the sound of bagpipes comming from the tender?

Seriously though. its not my thing but it looks like a really nice loco.

Peter
You know Peter you could actually do that with a Lokprogrammer.

Martin I may well ask him but now Peter has put an "extra" function in mind that he may not have on file!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 9 Feb 2009, 10:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>am i the only one who just read neils message and had an image of a hornby clan going round with the sound of bagpipes comming from the tender?

no - or should that be nay?

QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 9 Feb 2009, 21:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You know Peter you could actually do that with a Lokprogrammer.

Hmmm

Regards

1 - 16 of 16 Posts