Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most who have bought Hornby's latest offerings will know these come with 'short' gangway connections fitted which have the end doors moulded on to them.

Open connections are supplied but these are an absolute pig to fit. When making a rake up one needs to fit these to all but the end coaches. Any advice as I spent ages getting the gangway connections changed on a single coach.

The idea is good, as with screw coupled stock one draws the gangway connection out to join the two together so the short ones are correct for each end of the train. But why make the long open ones so difficult to fit?

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
***Its a good question. Sorry I can't help with but I do have a related one.... I bought loads of these coaches from the first run - which didn't have the "two corridor connections" option. Are they sold separately?

Richard

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I presume those from the first run only had the short ones with the boards in position. I would assume that you can get spares. I've managed to change them with a judicious amount of filing of the lugs.

I just hope that Hornby will eventually add some more of these excellent coaches in due course.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts