Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

Hope you all okay in the UK..i have a we problem with a Hornby M7, went to give it a bit of a run and when putting it on the the track i noticed brass bits attached to to wires hanging out the back bogie.
Have taken the body off and can not figure were they go. Maybe one of you could help.

Cheers
Bruce

·
In depth idiot
7,677 Posts
The copper coloured wiper strips should be fixed to the bogie sides and bear on the wheelbacks: obvious enough, so I am sure you knew that!

Where is the bogie, has it become deranged in some way?

·
In depth idiot
7,677 Posts
Review of the M7 with a picture that shows how the wiper strips were arranged in the bogie. https://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index...mp;page=H-R2506

I have an M7 - bought as project fodder when a s/h model at a good price became available - but not available to look at as it is on a friend's layout. It runs beautifully, but needed a lot of careful tweaking of both the wires to the bogie pick up wipers so they did duty as light springing, and very careful shaping of the wipers for barely grazing contact to avoid excessive drag. So adjusted its traction is extremely good on dead level track.

It's intended future is to be used as the basis for the GNR and LNER Stirling G1 0-4-4T which had a very similarly proportioned boiler, tanks and cab layout. These locos had smaller diameter bogie wheels in a shorter wheelbase bogie, and in order to have pick up from the bogie without incremental drag some old Bachmann split chassis bogie wheels and a modifiable bogie frame have been set aside to replace the original Hornby bogie.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi 34c,

Thanks for that , i actually when searching the web for answers found that pic..but i had a look.
Will pop out to the layout and hopefully can refit.

Cheers
Bruce

1 - 4 of 4 Posts