Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just received. Up to usual standard. New T9 featured (out 2nd quarter) some good layouts including suggestion for Weymouth Harbour. Reminds me of my childhood seeing panniers waddling along the quay. Our lounge window overlooked the tramway. Best of all it has the promised index for first 12 issues.

·
Registered
123 Posts
hi,got my copy in post todaygot to agree not my era or region but weyharbour agood read,and a nice piece on scotsman and nevard wizardry on a 37 billy,s happy again

·
Registered
17 Posts
QUOTE (61215 billy carver @ 8 May 2008, 22:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi,got my copy in post todaygot to agree not my era or region but weyharbour agood read,and a nice piece on scotsman and nevard wizardry on a 37 billy,s happy again

Had my copy too - up to the usual very high standard. I`m happy too.

PeteD

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Sorry if I am pricking anyone's balloon but the T9s have been delayed until September - a large raft of new releases have been put back two or three months and some up to six months. Some traders have been able to update their websites with this info.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Got my copy Thursday as usual.

Another great issue although my usual gripe - still not enough diesel and electric layouts or articles.

Didn't that maroon and grey Hymek of Paul Gammon's look fantastic?

I liked the article on colour light signals. Would have liked more guidance on where the signals are positioned on a typical layout (branch/main line station and junctions for e.g.).

Keep up the good work!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (DiesAL @ 10 May 2008, 20:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Didn't that maroon and grey Hymek of Paul Gammon's look fantastic?

It would be interesting to see if anyone can source an original colour photo of one.

Regards

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
QUOTE (DiesAL @ 10 May 2008, 20:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>.....I liked the article on colour light signals. Would have liked more guidance on where the signals are positioned on a typical layout (branch/main line station and junctions for e.g.).....

It was a very short article on what is a complex topic, but nice to have the photos as well as the drawings. But two tail-lamps on the rear of the train in the drawing on page 46?

For information on signals www.signalbox.org run by John Hinson is very good. For reference, Bob Essery's book "Railway Signalling and Track Plans" published last year by Ian Allan is the most recent and one of the best publications.

We do have a Signalling sub-forum under the "Tracks, layouts and Scenery" forum and Sources of information on Signals has a list of a number of publications dealing with both prototype and models.

Regards,
John Webb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts