Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The December issue on sale 14th November.

Hornby Magazine has gone to town on the new Hornby 'T9' as they believe that they are the first to press with the information, including a detailed review of the actual production model, reality check (history of the class) and a set of pull out line drawings in 'N', 'OO' and 'O' gauge (2mm, 4mm and 7mm scales).

There is also an exclusive offer on the new Hornby Magazine Yearbook which has been published by our colleagues in Ian Allan Books and has been edited by Mike Wild.

More details of the December issue to follow.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I look forward to receiving my copy in the next day or two.

Even more I look forward to receiving my T9. Does this mean that it is really about to arrive!

I think Hornby have swopped places with Bachmann this year when it comes to slow delivery!

Best wishes,

John H-T.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Spoke to Simon Kohler at the High Wycombe show (1 Nov) where both BR versions of the T9 where on show. Advised T9 will be available for end of this month.

Dave

·
Registered
136 Posts
QUOTE (DRK @ 10 Nov 2008, 16:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Spoke to Simon Kohler at the High Wycombe show (1 Nov) where both BR versions of the T9 where on show. Advised T9 will be available for end of this month.

Dave

Spoke to Simon Kohler at York at the end of May and he was expecting the T9 long ago!

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
The interest for me this month is have I joined the "Thursday morning" door mat club? I finally gave in and subscribed last week

David

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 11 Nov 2008, 04:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The interest for me this month is have I joined the "Thursday morning" door mat club? I finally gave in and subscribed last week

David

I renewed my subscription a month ago. I have found it by far the most readable of the mags although having said that I bought RM recently and they seem to have really lifted their game. I actually read a couple of articles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As always I enjoyed reading Hornby Magazine - with December's issue being no exception. Trevor Jones' 'Wish List' article certainly gave ample food for thought, but I do wish to correct an error. Trevor states that the 1936-built GWR Dukedogs were the 'last 4-4-0s built in Britain'. That is not the case: the last 4-4-0s were built by Beyer Peacock (of Manchester) in 1948 for the Great Northern Railway (Ireland) which designated the batch of five locos as its VS-class. The locos were used to haul express passenger trains - including the newly introduced Enterprise - between Dublin and Belfast.

Are there any manufacturers willing to produce an Irish RTR steam loco? Now there's a thought.....

Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE (wobblybob @ 30 Nov 2008, 22:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As always I enjoyed reading Hornby Magazine - with December's issue being no exception. Trevor Jones' 'Wish List' article certainly gave ample food for thought, but I do wish to correct an error. Trevor states that the 1936-built GWR Dukedogs were the 'last 4-4-0s built in Britain'. That is not the case: the last 4-4-0s were built by Beyer Peacock (of Manchester) in 1948 for the Great Northern Railway (Ireland) which designated the batch of five locos as its VS-class. The locos were used to haul express passenger trains - including the newly introduced Enterprise - between Dublin and Belfast.

Are there any manufacturers willing to produce an Irish RTR steam loco? Now there's a thought.....

Bob

Hi Bob

My wish list article was only referring to mainland UK standatd gauge locos so I had not included export builds. As Irish modelllers must have a wish list that includes any steam design!

Trevor Jones

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fair point Trevor and any Irish steam RTR model would be most welcome.

Modellers of the Irish diesel scene have many exciting models in the pipeline, now that Paddy Murphy has announced Murphy Models' plans for the next two years - 071-class and 121-class locos and a variety of coaches. With Bachmann introducing three Scenecraft buildings based on Irish prototypes, later this year, it is - hopefully - only a matter of time before one of the 'big two' takes the plunge and brings out an Irish steam loco. Well, I can live in hope.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts