Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 10 May 2007, 14:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>just a quick reminder to say the next installment of hornby magazine is due at the end of the week.

Peter

Friday I believe.................

Regards

John

·
Ian Wigglesworth
750 Posts
Got mine today.

The new kit looks very good:- Boiler house with chimney.

Now the new mag has been launched you will be able to download the free goods shed that came in the first mag.

John Wiffen is going to change the free shelter for the goods shed, dont know when though.

Ian

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Borders near to J22 of the M25 had a stack of 24 in this afternoon when I went in, and 23 when I left.

Looked through briefly - seems to be maintaining a good mix.

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
108 Posts
QUOTE (nevardmedia @ 11 May 2007, 14:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not yet seen it, hopefully will be able to get a copy in Poole tomorrow. How's the repro?

·
Registered
108 Posts
QUOTE (nevardmedia @ 11 May 2007, 14:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not yet seen it, hopefully will be able to get a copy in Poole tomorrow. How's the repro?

Chris,

I think it's very good. But I would say that wouldn't I?

Seriously though, we think it's alright. Not sure what will happen from issue four though as we've been kicked out of the printers!

We will obviously look for another that is as good as Gibbons of Willenhall.

Paul.

·
Registered
135 Posts
QUOTE (black 5 man @ 11 May 2007, 23:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Chris,

I think it's very good. But I would say that wouldn't I?

Seriously though, we think it's alright. Not sure what will happen from issue four though as we've been kicked out of the printers!

We will obviously look for another that is as good as Gibbons of Willenhall.

Paul.

Lots of copies in Poole WH Smiffs, the repro is alot nicer than issue one I thought, must have something to do with the ace Photoshopping I imagine.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (John Webb @ 14 May 2007, 20:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Neil,
Issue 2 says that back issues are available from "Our Subscriptions office" at Ian Allan Publishing Ltd. Contact details are e-mail [email protected],co.uk or go to the web-site www.ianallan publishing.co.uk phone 01932 266622 - fax or overnight answerphone is 01923 266633.

Hope this is of help,
John Webb
It sure is John. I don't have much chance of getting it here so I will get onto them. I actually preferred it to the other mags. Thanks mate.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Y'all,

Just got mine from Worksop WHSmith. At a first glance it is a good read. Layout seems ok as well.

It is also non-partisan from what I can see. It was interesting to see that they did a review of the pilot diesels and when they looked at the models available, well they were all Bachmann/Heljan, with a couple of Hornby 31's thrown in. Now there is a thing.

However, all power to their elbow. Might have to contribute the odd point of view, as it would be required reading at Hornby HQ, I reckon.

Regards,

Hugh Williams

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
I had a failed attempt to pick up a copy today at the Smiths in Cowley where I got the first issue

I'll have to try my local branch at the weekend but they didn't have the first issue, so I'm not going to hold my breath.

David

1 - 20 of 31 Posts