Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cast you minds back to when Hornby Magazine first came out.

When I look back and remember the remarks about leaving the newsagents with it hidden inside the daily paper (Telegraph even) who would have thought it was going to be the success it is.

The articals & content are superb & it's an ideal magazine for modellers of all types, from the family staring afresh, the people returning to the hobby & experienced modellers.

And yes, I was one of the worse offenders taking the p**** (large helping of humble pie anyone ?)

I have even been know to buy my own copy (& not read BRITHO's first !)

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 22 Dec 2007, 11:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have even been know to buy my own copy (& not read BRITHO's first !)

Strange but true.......(Have you finished with the latest one yet?)

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 27 Dec 2007, 13:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes - you can have it back when you let me have the latest CM

Regards

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Hello Srbice

Allow me to explain. dbclass50 and britho run an outlet for continental models and also exhibit a layout. there is nothing malicious in that comment. its just friendly banter. although maybe i could have a look at their CM when DBclass50's finished with it!!

Peter

P.S. welcome to the forum

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Merry Go Round @ 6 Mar 2008, 01:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>all i have to do now is find 2 back issues.

Which ones are you missing - we may be able to help.

Regards

·
DT
4,794 Posts
I visited the Hornby Magazine London headquarters a few weeks back and I saw a little of their opperation. The back issues department was certainly busy. It seems that as new people come across the magazine, they are keen to source the back issues to make up a complete collection.

Is this because the magazine is only a year old perhaps? There are not that many to get hold of.

Issue #1 was reprinted after demand for back issues wiped out stock. Guess what, it's out of stock again and they are thinking about reprinting it again.

Now where did I put mine...

If you cant find what you want at your newsagent or model shop, back issues can be ordered from Hornby Magazine here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
QUOTE (Merry Go Round @ 10 Mar 2008, 13:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I need the elusive issues 1 & 2 which are going in excess of £20 on ebay which even I consider steep.

Shaun

Shaun,

Issue No. 2 is available from HQ and No. 1 will be reprinted (again) next week, so no need to pay over the odds. You can speak to Vera or one of her team on 01932 266600, or go via the magazine website www.hornby magazine.com Alternatively we may be appearing at a show near you some time.

Paul.

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE (black 5 man @ 10 Mar 2008, 22:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Shaun,

Issue No. 2 is available from HQ and No. 1 will be reprinted (again) next week, so no need to pay over the odds. You can speak to Vera or one of her team on 01932 266600, or go via the magazine website www.hornby magazine.com Alternatively we may be appearing at a show near you some time.

Paul.

Paul thank you very much, I will wait to get issue 1, I'm not really in to paying silly prices.

Shaun

1 - 20 of 24 Posts