Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Wow! It is so nice to see a loco in pre-grouping colours! This M7 is a reminder of how few pre 1923 liveries are available from the UK manufacturers - when you consider how many epoch I German locos, coaches and wagons are available (in N, HO and larger scales) it is amazing that all we seem to get is a choice between BR early emblem and BR late crest liveries!
OK, I'm being a leeetle unfair, but what do members think? There were some gorgeous pre WW1 colour schemes, why don't we see more?

The Terrier is a treat - I bet GWR fans choked on their coffee when Hornby announced it! At least the Terriers have allowed The Great Man (Colonel Holman F. Stephens) some representation among propreitary models.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
QUOTE At least the Terriers have allowed The Great Man (Colonel Holman F. Stephens)

Definitely a great man. We could do with more like him!

I wonder what he could do with the £300m that the extension to the Midland Metro might cost?

And I wonder what he could do if he was in charge of public spending?

We definitely need more Colonel Stephens layouts on the exhibition circuit. Has not that M7 already sold out in a lot of places?

If it and models like it are seen to fly off the shelves that has to send a signal to somebody.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
982 Posts
QUOTE We definitely need more Colonel Stephens layouts on the exhibition circuit. Has not that M7 already sold out in a lot of places?

If it and models like it are seen to fly off the shelves that has to send a signal to somebody.

Its certainly a very nice looking model. Hopefully if it proves nice looking models sell , Hornby will be encouraged to do more pre grouping models. Come on Hornby, how about a nice Dunalastair 4-4-0 in Caley Blue, LMS Red,LMS Black and BR Black or an 0-6-0 Class 812 ?

Nice locos do sell (as long as the price is reasonable) and do tend to make their own market even if not on a wishlist.

Russell

·
Registered
423 Posts
The Class M7 R2658 is a Collector centre special edition. It is already in stock two weeks ago and selling fast!

Rails have out of stock but Hattons have some in stock. Grab it early.

There is also report that Hornby New tooling Rebuilt Patriot now in stock today.

·
Registered
436 Posts
QUOTE (rb277170 @ 26 Sep 2007, 02:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its certainly a very nice looking model. Hopefully if it proves nice looking models sell , Hornby will be encouraged to do more pre grouping models. Come on Hornby, how about a nice Dunalastair 4-4-0 in Caley Blue, LMS Red,LMS Black and BR Black or an 0-6-0 Class 812 ?

Nice locos do sell (as long as the price is reasonable) and do tend to make their own market even if not on a wishlist.

Russell

I apologise Russell...you post positively!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I always liked the *** packet livery.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (60134 @ 25 Sep 2007, 22:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wow! It is so nice to see a loco in pre-grouping colours! This M7 is a reminder of how few pre 1923 liveries are available from the UK manufacturers - when you consider how many epoch I German locos, coaches and wagons are available (in N, HO and larger scales) it is amazing that all we seem to get is a choice between BR early emblem and BR late crest liveries!
OK, I'm being a leeetle unfair, but what do members think? There were some gorgeous pre WW1 colour schemes, why don't we see more?

I agree completely, I would love to see models of the Caledonian Railway and Highland Railway made to this standard.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Hmmmm.... Caley locos, designed by Drummond, LSWR locos designed by Drummond.... maybe Hornby can do some subtle mods on the M7!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Well , if as they say , the problem was with the balancing of a 0-4-4T then it would be the shame to waste the chassis just on an M7. How about a Caley 0-4-4T as well as the Dunalastair 4-4-0 and 812 class 0-6-0 I want for next year. They could call it the year of the Caley. Think of it as a Northern Fest instead of the Southern Fest we had last year!

But not at £85 for a wee tank ***** ye ken!

Russell

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
It's nice to see a Terrier in a somewhat different livery - that of the GWR. I think I am right in saying that they were originally sold to the Weston, Clevedon and Portishead and later swallowed by the GWR. Reminds me of a story about a lady traveller who asked a station official how to get to Clevedon. His response was to go to the WC and P.

Regards

1 - 12 of 12 Posts