Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Well done on the very comprehensive coverage.

Just some points:

If I understand it correctly the Pendolino will only be available with DCC chip (both train set and pack). What about those of us who want to run non DCC?

While not a Southern modeller I have to confess that a Rebuilt WC, M7 and perhaps even a King Arthur, will go down very well. Not exactly a great geographical coverage in new introductions, however!

Shame there's nothing for them to pull in the way of decent coaching stock (Pullmans excepted)

Someone in Hornby has a liking for Blue! Would have preferred to see more varieties of A3 in Late Crest boring green with various tenders!

Once more there is no boringly standard single chimneyed Castle Class , named after a Castle with Churchward tender and late BR emblem. I've been waiting for years for them to make one eg like the old Hornby Dublo Bristol and Cardiff Castles. Again Hornby seem to be obsessed with aircraft names for their Castles.

Great news on the maroon Gresleys . Hopefully they will be a bit shinier than the very dull Staniers.

Hopefully Edward has not spoiled the chances of future Hunts and Shires.

Skaledale looks terrific. Not into Canals . For me the Loco depot accessories look good, Coaling Stages etc.

Missed oportunities:

4th radius track
Replacing that horrible plastic disc thing they call a turntable. Especially now they have some decent skaledale accessories.

Do you know when the new catalogue is out? Last year it was very early in the New Year. Presumably the illustrations are taken from it.

Russell

·
Registered
982 Posts
Have to say well done to Model Rail Forum. a much more comrehensive guide than Hornby itself. How did you get the images, presumably from Hornby itself?

Russell

·
Registered
982 Posts
Thanks for clarification over Pendolino. Well done on great website and continuing news. Hornby could learn a thing or two fromthis.

Russell

·
Registered
982 Posts
Gary asks "Now I wonder what surprise (if any) Hornby have up their sleeve in connection with the new models? "

The price .....£65 for an M7 !

Russell

·
Registered
982 Posts
I've seen the new Hornby Flying Scotsman in NRM condition and read the review on here and BRM. Its a superb locomotive. Though tempted, I just can't bring myself to buy a loco in LNER Apple Green with Elephant deflectors. I suspect there are many who will feel the same about the model and the real thing.

I know Hornby have 2 LNER A1s available during 2006. Great Northern and Flying Fox but I'm going to have to hold out for an A3 in Apple Green with a non GNR tender before increasing my small LNER fleet.

Russell

1 - 5 of 5 Posts