Model Railway Forum banner
41 - 60 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
mmm decoders for under a tenner... nice. The lima stuff is about the same price as hornby's own older models such as the class 47's and 155's.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think the presentation of the hornby 2006 range on here is miles better than what hornby have done on there own site,so well done to the guys on here for showing the hornby 2006 range better.

Steven

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Better coverage here than at Hornby, Well done.

Tho I doubt it I have to ask, any news on the tenders being made for the Arthurs if I remember right there were at least 3 different types for these locos, a 6 wheeled, a rigid 8 wheeler and a bogie 8 wheeler. Well chuffed that the Arthur's making a return and to top that they're doing the one I want, Excalibur, just hope she's in malachite so as not to upset the plan for my livery diversity to much. Now if we can just get some nice stock to hang off the back of them.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
QUOTE If I understand it correctly the Pendolino will only be available with DCC chip (both train set and pack). What about those of us who want to run non DCC?

Just to clarify, the Pendolino train pack will be available without decoders only but will be DCC ready. The Pendolino Digital set will include 2 decoders. We will modify the train pack page over the next 24 hours to reflect this.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
4 Posts
As a Southern Modeller I am over the moon with delight, however I think their will be many bankruptcies and divorces south of the Thames later this year. One query - as the light pacific rebuilds didn't start until 1957 there are not many early crested locos which can be modelled. Barnstaple possible but I have seen a 1958 pic showing a late crest. Have Hornby dropped a clanger?

Dave in the red by 2007

·
Registered
213 Posts
Some fab new releases- I was on 'ere at midnight watching 'em!

Methinks Devon Belle set is a must- will have to fork out £120 now for an OO Works observation coach! Are both the GBTs this year L/Es of 3000, or are they repeating the Golden Arrow set and Bornemouth Belle where one isn't L/E? (The Caledonian being the LE pack in both cases beforehand)? I'm also glad to see we've finally got some early BR WCs!

I think that the Hornby terraces will sell well when people like me are too lazy to build the cheapo Metcalfe kits!

WCs, BBs and M7s? I'm in heaven, though I am disappointed they didn't tool up an EMU/DMU- how about a 150/317/318/319/320/322? If cost is prohibitive, think of this- practically every region of the UK is served by one of these- if they just tooled up a 150, they'd still make a killing! Still, can't complain!

However, I can complain about something- Hornby can't seem to be able to get Fairey aviation spelt correctly- neither the Hornby CC nor the press release on here (or the Hornby website) can spell Fairey with an 'E'! Still, I'm sure they'll correct it before we see "Fairy Battle" (sic) hit the shelves!

MRF's coverage is much better than Hornby's, since you don't patronise modellers (Hornby states, under wagons, that "for modellers of the current scene [there] will be a Railfreight International RBX Ferry Van and a Network SouthEast liveried 20t Brake Van."- since when was NSE current?)

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
According to WC/BB Richard Derry : Barnstable was rebuilt 14/5/57 to 29/6/57
so a late crest seems to be correct. I think they should have been scrapped and replaced with black 5's, but then we would'nt have had such an intresting railway history.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ontracks at ontracks.co.uk
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quo :te]
thank you for ontracks price list , you have done a big favour by stopping me bidding on ebay for the lima railcar. Ontracks price for the new hornby GWR rail car is only £50, which, compared to biddings on ebay for a 20yrs old lima, i feel that the new hornby will be a better buy.
Therefore, i have pre-ordered it and it should be available hopefully within the next few months, a good way of conning my wife into getting it for me for our wedding anniversary.

Regards

Malcolm

·
Registered
213 Posts
QUOTE (Garry D100 @ 1 Jan 2006, 13:20)What a great line up from Hornby, even though I am not a southern fan.

I am looking forward to buying the old Lima 101's, and 121's.
I bet those who paid 3 figure sums for these on Ebay are really enjoying their investment!! We should not laugh though......then again...

Garry
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And to think I almost bought an NSE 121 on eBay the other day!

Well, all we Southern fans now need is a Cl. 319 from Bratchell models, 455 from same and DCK's 4 CIG and we'll be whoop-de-do!

I think I might set a layout in the Devonport area of Plymouth now, just to include an M7, an RN vessel and the Devon Belle (how am ah gonna do that, ah say how am ah gonna do that?)!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Colin Boocock's "Heyday of 70A and its locomotives" has a photo of the first rebuild, Barnstaple, new in July '57 with the late crest so I guess they all would have had it from new.
Plenty of time for Hornby to change them, fortunately.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
QUOTE They've gone to all the trouble of doing the pendolino with a dummy pantograph i see

Buying an electric locomotive with a dummy pantograph just boggles the mind or I should say my mind.
Is there really a market for that in the UK?

I'm really interested in seeing how the Elite DCC control box works. I like the idea of the keyboard layout being similiar to a telephone. Will love to see how it works in practice. I also like the big red panic button. I am concerned though that proper amperage is available. The starter unit is underpowered in my opinion.

Since I model in N-Scale if I have a locomotive that does not have a connector I'll send it off to have chipped.

Oh I would have been on earlier but my wife had this crazy last minute idea to watch the fireworks at Disney World.

·
Registered
229 Posts
QUOTE (Dennis David @ 1 Jan 2006, 23:05)The locomotive that's in the bottom right corner of the fron page of the Hornby announcement. What is it and where is that available? I didn't see any detail information.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is the Lord of the Isles, a GWR (Dean?) single wheeler. Link >>>.

There is a short bit of history regarding the model on MREMAG's site.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
267 Posts
Some good releases this year from Hornby, with my highlight being the 67's (BUT, why do they seem more expensive than the Lima ones at the moment?)

Also we get the Mk3 Sleepers as well, but again what about the Intercity Swallow livery and the FGWT livered ones? - Well OK maybe not intercity swallow as such but the FGWT is a must to release as they do the Mk2's all ready and there are several FGWT 57's out there dying for some sleepers to run behind them.

Shame about no new wagons but those ex-lima PDA / JCA ones are looking tempting from here.

Its good to see that Hornby are doing a Pendolino this year as well - I missed out on the Dapol one, but hopefully all going well should be able to make a full 8 coach rake up by christmas with those extra coaches that are being released as well. And finally 31452 ... YEAH!!! Been to Weymouth behind it countless times ... Now only if they could do 31601 in Pink with the Pink Mk2's as well ...

41 - 60 of 157 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.