Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts

Some interesting new releases announced by Hornby on the run up to Christmas. Expect one more news release before Christmas.

Download the latest update with images (1.6MB)

The list this month includes rebuilt BoBs, West Countrys, an A4 and the A3 "Ladas". The second page has pictures of the Maunsell coaches in both Southern and BR liveries.

A couple of truly new items are the surface mounted point motor and electric uncoupler.

David

·
In depth idiot
7,678 Posts
It would also be nice if the GN coal rail tender was the usual accompaniment to an A3. I guess they know their market, and it simply does not sell as well as the high sided type?

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
It would be wonderful to see an A4 in the BR passenger blue currently carried by "Sir Nigel Gresley", in fact why not SNG?

·
Registered
64 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 16 Oct 2007, 00:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It would be nice if they could do an A4 in something other than BR green which is not the Mallard

They are - its Wild Swan thats shown (60021 not 60022). "Sir Trafford Leigh Mallory" and the Inter City TGS were released a month or so ago so its not exactly accurate

As for A4s a mid 60s SNG as originally preserved would be nice.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 15 Oct 2007, 17:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The list this month includes the A3 "Ladas".

I am looking forward to it's stablemate "Volvos"

(Sorry I just couldn't resist that.)

Regards

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE I am looking forward to it's stablemate "Volvos"

I think you might be confusing it with the Witter smoke deflector fitted "Trabant"

David

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 16 Oct 2007, 21:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think you might be confusing it with the Witter smoke deflector fitted "Trabant"

Could be, could be.............

Regards

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
BR green.
But an A4 in silver or apple green would be nice.
A princess in anything LMS would be nice. particularly fully lined maroon and a matching duchess would be very welcome
There seems to be a dominance of BR green on the A3 front at the moment.
We havent had a streamlined coronation in a while.......

Peter

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 21 Oct 2007, 12:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There seems to be a dominance of BR green on the A3 front at the moment.

But we've only had one with smoke deflectors, which now fetches a premium as a result. I'd like a double chimney one with "elephant ears" and a GN tender 60107 would be nice but I'm not that bothered because I've got Royal Lancer name plates ready to be fitted to the right donor.

QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 21 Oct 2007, 12:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We havent had a streamlined coronation in a while.......
Peter
'
Would be a good model for their NRM edition next year with '229 being re-clad

However Hornby have tended to make the NRM model their latest offering, if thats the case next year could be the T9, another Southern loco. So maybe it's time for a Great Western, or even a first Diesel

Any thoughts guys?

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 21 Oct 2007, 21:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>BR green.
But an A4 in silver or apple green would be nice.
A princess in anything LMS would be nice. particularly fully lined maroon and a matching duchess would be very welcome
There seems to be a dominance of BR green on the A3 front at the moment.
We havent had a streamlined coronation in a while.......
Peter
I'd agree with all of that.

·
Registered
436 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 21 Oct 2007, 18:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I dont really want to be the cynical one but have hornby got a job lot of BR green paint??
Peter

Both Hornby and Bachmann seem to be favouring the BR period over the grouping. I suppose it reflects the demand but I personally would like to see more of a balance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts