Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one know where i could lay my hands on some of hornby over head power cables and ganterys i tryed ebay nothing i have one box already but i need quit alot more to finsh my 2 main lines off

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
I wasnt aware that hornby did over head wires?
Steve

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Fourteen listings showing on Ebay. Search for 'Catenary' on the 'trains/railway models section.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
QUOTE (wolverton bloomer @ 5 Feb 2009, 15:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wasnt aware that hornby did over head wires?
Steve
They did, but many years ago. There were two versions - pressed out 'catenery' in several set lengths, followed by a simplified system in 1961 which used a simple overscale single wire held 'tramway' style to the masts by plastic clips. Very simple to put up and worked quite well, but they stopped making it around 1971. There was a brief but limited revival 1988-1998, it was little publicised, alas.

Regards,
John Webb

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
QUOTE (John Webb @ 5 Feb 2009, 16:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>, but they stopped making it around 1971. There was a brief but limited revival 1988-1998, it was little publicised, alas.

Regards,
John Webb
Before my time then! (1971 vintage..a very good year!)

·
Registered
119 Posts
although keep u eyes in the magazines aka model rail, rail express and railway modeller as peco are doing a new version for 00

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't think that 'catenary' is an actual word. I punch it into word when doing articles on railways and the spell checker doesn't recognise it however you spell it!

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Sorry for the mis-spelling.

In my experience Microsoft products will recognise any technical term associated with computers but few with any other trade or speciality, so one has to 'teach' the wordchecker. If at any point a Microsoft product had been fitted to a catenary I would expect it to recognise the word instantly!

Regards,
John Webb

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE Have you never heard of hyperbolic cosines?

Sounds like exaggeration to me. I'll stick to the discrete cosine transforms in my camera images.

David

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Gordon H @ 6 Feb 2009, 22:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have you never heard of hyperbolic cosines? Cosh, I thought everyone knew about those...

Yes...

QUOTE (John Webb @ 7 Feb 2009, 12:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's a sine of the times?

ouch!

QUOTE (dwb @ 7 Feb 2009, 12:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sounds like exaggeration to me. I'll stick to the discrete cosine transforms in my camera images.

and it all takes me back to my Grammar school days...............

Regards

1 - 13 of 13 Posts