Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
*** I really don't know about the chassis swap dimensions, sorry

but.... I hope they aren't out too much dimension wise. as the spashers on 6202 are definately all in full view on the RHS of the loco.

have you considered using the Comet princess chassis? - that way you with a bit of tweaking to set it up right for 6202, you will also have the correct rear frames on the chassis, not the Hornby compromise.

Richard

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (34C @ 13 Dec 2008, 18:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I like 46258. With 70 sq ft grate, mechanical stoker, 300psi and circa 56,000lb TE, but an adhesion factor of less than 3, she would have been like a Bulleid pacific for slipping when starting. But once at speed, the continuous 4,000 IHP that such a grate should have been able to sustain for dealing with Shap and Beattock, would have made running a five hour Euston-Glasgow service practical. What would her BR power class have been: 11P/7F?

*** She did really well after initial teething trouble... I suspect that if WW2 hadn't got in the way, the class might have multiplied.

Here's a well and truly reworked front end to reflect the look of the loco when running, with cooling flap up... and a full RHS.

The loco is a well and truly reworked K's body, Comet tender, comet chassis with dual beam suspension (front bogie linked by a compound beam to the driving wheel beam which links front and centre driver ... easier to do than to describe :). It gives correct weight distribution to bogie and drivers as per the prototype - as a result, it is guided into curves properly by the bogie and in general glides along the track!)

Regards, Richard

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.