Model Railway Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Foiled again! I acquired a Hornby Queen Maud with the intention of using the body to build Princess Anne but it is too good to break so I am back to square one. Anybody out there know where I might get a China built Princess body in green?

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Here are the preliminary works required to create Princess Anne.
Wheel Black Font Rectangle Parallel

The chassis is a Hornby Coronation fitted with Princess driving wheels and a Princess trailing truck. The tended is a spare from a Royal Scot class. The body is about to receive the attention of a fine razor saw to rearrange the running board and splashers as per the drawing above.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Having started the above conversion I have now decided to fabricate new running boards forward of the rear splasher which will make it easier to assemble the whole thing.

Now here's one for you. I have a black 46201 which I am about to line out to represent the mixed traffic lined black which some of the class ran in but one query is open to discussion and that applies to the boiler bands. Which ones were lined?

·
Registered
12 Posts
After having another look at the pic, i noice it has the early BR logo on the Tender, but the lining appears to be the BR Mixed Traffic lining, So i guess this would have been a very short lived Livery on Lizzie?

Broc

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Working away on the footplate recovered from a gash Coronation body to mate it up to the rest of the body for Princess Anne. A fiddly job but it will be worth it in the end.

Also fitted earlier short firebox body to spare China S/d Princess chassis. Front splashers need tweaking but I think I have sussed out how to do this in due course. The body will also need cab glazing and some piping, including injectors adding.

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Got some Hornby King slide bars from East Kent Models and am currently modifying a set of Princess motion to fit to 6200. Will post pics when I have done it.

I'm also going to do 46205 and I have marked out a set of motion brackets to suit which will need to be cut and filed out, then fitted to a suitable loco which will need to be renamed and renumbered.

Princess Anne is taking longer than anticipated but I want to get it right.

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Here is my recreation of 6200 so far.

Train Vehicle Wheel Toy Rolling stock

The tender isn't quite right, and I still have a little work to do around the expansion links and the front splashers as it is an earlier Hornby TD body married to the latest CB chassis. Still the rabbit ear slide bars modified from Hornby King ones seem to do the trick?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think she looks good, can i ask where you got the King slide Bars from? ive got Princess Elizabeth (the Waterman one) which im super detailing and as this is a major visual difference between the prototypes ans the production run i will be changing it

Id love to see Hornby do The Princess Royal as built, i doubt it would ever happen though......

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
You want Hornby part number X9110 from East Kent Models. You need to remove the surplus material designed to mount the King cylinders so that all you are left with is the slide bars themselves. Filing will allow these to fit into the existing holes in the cylinders.

The existing motion brackets need to be cut off just below the expansion links. You will find that you need to fix the slide bars into position with superglue for a rigid job.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
QUOTE (Saint Johnstoun @ 12 Dec 2008, 13:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Many years ago I converted a tender drive Princess to the Turbomotive 46202. Does anybody know if the current Princess chassis will easily fit the old style body as I'd like to upgrade this model. I know the wheelbase is slightly out but as one doesn't see the splashers that won't matter.
I have a current type tender to replace the one with the tender drive.

I would like to "create" Turbomotive . Did you use any specific spare parts for the conversion , if so where from and do you know if they are still available ?

Regards
Graham

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I basically made all the bits myself out of plasticard except for the chimney which I got off an old airfix Royal Scot if I remember rightly.

If you need scale drawings I can email these to you if you let me have your email address. Send me a pm.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.