Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an address or contact to purchase replacement LES bulb in red and green for the Hornby R406 12v 2-aspect 00 signals?
I have tried to paint clear glass LES bulbs, but they are horrendous when lit on the layout - to make a next accepted paint job,
would be to use a red and green lacquer, where can you obtain the correct coloured lacquer in small quantity?
Anyone wishing to give me information or advice, will be most appreciated.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for the most encouraging tips to replace the burnt out bulbs in the R406 - what is most annoying, is that Hornby sell the signals at £14.50 but fail to make replacement bulbs available - after all the signals are still sold. Hornby did say that Burnley Model Spares would be able to sell me replacement bulbs - it turns out Burnley Model Spares, don't stock these bulbs but they suggested that I try a firm called East Kent Models - these bulbs are available at EKM - £4.50 in packets of 5 in either red or green colour plus £2.50 P&P.
The use as a replacement of bulbs by soldering GOR is a very good alternative and certainly more acceptable than the 12v LES which are far too big for the R406 signals - however my hands are no longer steady enough to hold a soldering iron in such a confined space.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.