Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Currently thinking seriously about getting the ESU Ecos, who are the UK importers and what is wrong with them please? i.e. should I just buy from Germany?

My DCC is a complete mess really, ZTC 505 which is going on Ebay shortly, mainly because it only does 8 functions, and I already have 12 function sound decoders.......
Roco Multimaus - Brilliant, intuitive system, 20 functions, but CANT read CVs
Bachmann Dynamis - Another brilliant system, which would be perfect, apart from it CANT read CVs
Hornby Select ina starter set...cough....cough....going on Ebay shortly!

Many Thanks
Ashley

·
Registered
182 Posts
QUOTE (alanb @ 12 Mar 2008, 16:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>By the way Ashley, the number of Functions is actually 28. Best of luck in your hunt for a system that suits you.

AlanB

Alan, I appreciate the info on the MRC Prodigy Advance, however the deal breaker for me is that unit does not have any form of PC interface, MRC were mentioning such an interface in the adverts over a year ago, but then they seemed to stop talking about it.

The thing to remember about the price difference between the US and here is that it is not the retailers fault. It is incredibly hard to make a living retailing model trains in this country, believe me I've tried, at best it becomes a little sideline/hooby. The people making the momeny in my opinion are the wholesalers and distributors.

It is Gaugemaster that set the UK price for their Prodigy, they then give a certain discount to 'trade' customers on that price. If the retailer then chooses to discount the suggested retail price they are eating into a very small profit margin. If a unit then goes faulty and has to be returned, the costs of this can then remove any removing profit on the deal. Yes, retail margins really are that tight.

Many Thanks
Ashley

1 - 2 of 2 Posts