Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hornby have posted a new format newletter format for releases arriving in the next two months. You can download the PDF verions of the August / September edition from this page on the Hornby website. The highlight for me is the availability of the Royal Scots and rebuilt Patriot. The October / November edition is promised for early October.

Hornby are looking for feedback about this new format. Well I think it's an improvement.

David

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Very impressive. The images could be a better quality as when you enlarge them in your PDF reader they lack detail. Doing this would create a larger download so they could offer both hi-res and low-res files depending on your internet speeds. Images are embedded so they cannot be copied which is probably why this format has been chosen rather than html and the PDF format does make it easier to print off the pages.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
I think it's pretty good. I noticed this quote from Simon Kohler embedded in the text;

"After being contacted by a keen modeller" said Simon Kohler, "I made enquiries and discovered that the smoke deflectors on the "Red Knight" were unique to that locomotive and as we did not have the tooling for the correct deflectors I felt it prudent that we should replace the "Red Knight" with another locomotive from the same class and one that we can produce accurately".

It's pretty good that Hornby listen and take note this readily of modellers views.

I already have a Royal Scot on its way, Black Watch obviously and I do quite fancy the little CR loco.

·
Registered
436 Posts
It says on Pat's site that they are looking at the tender also.
Their website has been lacking compared to others so let's hope this continues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts