Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
In depth idiot
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This isn't 'news' (information a fortnight old) but no one else has mentioned it. (Also its not solely model railway news as the Hornby product pile range includes slot cars and Airfix etc..)

The word from Hornby's Lyndon Davies implies to me that the plan for this capital is investment in new product, and specifically mentioning a nostalgia orientation . That suggests to me that the punt on the Hornby-Dublo 'revival' angle has come good (has anything similar been done in slot car or Airfix?). Just so long as Hornby don't nostalge into tinplate coaches...

Speculation: hopefully it's not all 'nostalgia oriented', might Hornby at last roll out a track system that's a better match for their current OO product and specifically DCC? Better selection of points with live crossings, much expanded range of larger curve radii: still backward compatible, but also integrating with existing (Peco) flexitrack systems. In short offering more, better in both appearance and ambition.

Nostalgia product wild card, the turbo car...

·
In depth idiot
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...I can't be the only person who didn't lay hands on a lot of the 2020 product announcements - no W1, no Rocket 3rd class coaches are a couple that immediately spring to mind...
Difficult to be certain of the causes though, is it the money supply and/or capacity constraints in China that mean less volume? Product also way behind target arrival date from most brands...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts