Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts
QUOTE (Model Rail Magazine)Having announced that new models scheduled for production in 2007 will include factory-fitted DCC decoders, Hornby has now announced that models such as the new Class 56 and LMS 'Royal Scot/Patriot' 4-6-0s will also be made available without on-board DCC. In response to feedback from customers, certain models will be offered both as 'DCC Fitted' and 'DCC Ready' to cater for those modellers not wanting to pay the extra few pounds for a factory-fitted decoder.

I get the impression that somebody thought that ALL the locos for 2007 were DCC fitted.

Most are DCC ready anyway, but I suppose some nice new ones were only listed as DCC Fitted.

In light of the public tests of the Hornby decoder, I'm not surprised that Hornby are giving modellers the choice of fitting their own choice of decoder to the locos. At least now I'll get a few.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Hornby have sent through this press release:

Hornby Digital Update

New Years Day saw the official launch of the New Hornby Product listings for 2007 and amongst these items we new locomotives with the Hornby Decoder already fitted. The inclusion of the decoder was a positive reaction to the concerns that had been voiced by modellers over the problems that they had encountered when fitting a decoder themselves to today's highly detailed Hornby locomotives.

Hornby are dedicated to the continued development and introduction of Digital control for model railways, however Hornby are not averse to listening to enthusiasts who may have opinions which may differ from Hornby's objective. There has been some concern raised over the fact that several new locomotives scheduled for 2007 will only be available with a decoder fitted. Hornby have listened to these concerns and although Hornby believes that there will be a time sooner rather than later when all locomotives will be equipped with decoders, they have decided to offer those locomotives that were going to be available as DCC Fitted only, as both Fitted and DCC Ready.

Taking this action Hornby are pleased to demonstrate their willingness not only to listen to the enthusiasts but also to react in a sound and positive way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.