Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
QUOTE I am also more inclined to buy the locos with DCC decoders fitted. The thought of some DIYer taking a body off and fitting their own decoder in my mind makes the loco less collectable as you are always going to know that the bodywork has been tampered with and you will be looking for damage to detail. Thats me and how I am and I accept that we all have different views on this.

Hornby do supply to a large collector market and collectors may well share my view. This will keep Hornby collectors happy,

While I respect your views on the above, I totally disagree. When I buy a loco to run I want the best performance I can achieve, this normally means fitting a decoder of my choice, by which every method is appropriate. If it's for running on my layout it will definitely get a loco crew, probably get lights and real coal, as we don't do D&E in our house. The value is in it's use, and the enjoyment that that brings. I've been through this syndrome of collecting for the display cabinets. It's not really part of our hobby, although I accept it's part of Hornby's and Bachmanns market.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.