Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

The same person is advertising about 12 of these sets on ebay, each identical. He claims that they are new releases from Hornby, and contain the "new" Hornby A4, and are not the old sets. Have a look at what he states, in the link below. He is also selling the locomotives seperately, and the link for one of these is also provided below. Can anyone verify that they are actually the "new" Hornby A4's?

The Set

ebay link

The Individual A4 (Quicksilver)

ebay Link

Cheers,
Alex

·
Registered
763 Posts
It appears he's selling the sets from the great universal catalogue hence the not available from the dealers claim which isn't strictly true either as a collectors centre is allowed a limited number of a limited edition run. It probably means he's also swopping the new loco for the 2002 one and selling it as a new set.
Saying that the loco in the set looks like the old one and the one on its own looks like the newer one with the pipe under the handrail moulded seperate to the boiler casing (it could just be the photo though).

the one he's trying to sell as new also has the loco number 2510 silver link, the new set has 2512 silver fox so you might not even be getting a complete new loco merely a new chassis with the old body thrown on.
Perhaps i'll get one of my ebay alter ego's to ask him a few probing questions about it. Local to me too by the looks tsk tsk.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The only New (As in 2004 release) of a silver A4 was the one in the train pack mid way through last year which had 3 of the old teak coaches with it as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the Silver Fox model (R2373M) which was a catalogue edition only. It came with the older teak coaches. The Silver Fox loco is a brand new tooling loco drive unit just like the Mallard (R2339). Here is a link to what I have. This is the only "new" A4 I know that Hornby has issued to date with the grey livery.

Silver Fox R2373M

1 - 4 of 4 Posts