Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on Hornby's website that they are going to release three sound equipped models this year, two class 66's and Princess Coronation. Does know what manufacturer's sound decoder thay are going to use or is it their own?

Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Actually, Charles, the diesels announced for sound in the catalogue were a class 56 and a class 60. I have it from the "horse's mouth" that they will use ESU LokSound decoders (as do Bachmann). What is not clear is whose sounds they will use (eg Bachmann use SouthWest Digital sounds but tweaked to their own specs).

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Hi Charles,

I've ordered one on the information that they are Loksound decoders. After the fiasco with their previous decoders they would be mad to use anything else really. I'll let you know when I get mine. Although if it's not Loksound I'll keep quiet and will probably try to sell it!

I'd better send of an email just to make sure so I can still cancel it.

Cheers

Neil

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well dead right a 56 and 60. Just as well I'm not that interested in modern diesels. At least I got the Duchess right.

Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia

QUOTE (SRman @ 22 Sep 2008, 23:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Actually, Charles, the diesels announced for sound in the catalogue were a class 56 and a class 60. I have it from the "horse's mouth" that they will use ESU LokSound decoders (as do Bachmann). What is not clear is whose sounds they will use (eg Bachmann use SouthWest Digital sounds but tweaked to their own specs).

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Neil, Well if it is Loksound it had better be good as I haven't a good run with them. Mind you after hearing your A3 I am suitably impressed. I heard their might be a decoder for an A4 as well
I did buy the sound equipped Bachmann class 20 and I love it as it sounds like an beat up diesel truck my Grandfather used to drive.

Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia

QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 23 Sep 2008, 08:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Charles,

I've ordered one on the information that they are Loksound decoders. After the fiasco with their previous decoders they would be mad to use anything else really. I'll let you know when I get mine. Although if it's not Loksound I'll keep quiet and will probably try to sell it!

I'd better send of an email just to make sure so I can still cancel it.

Cheers

Neil

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Ozzie21 @ 23 Sep 2008, 21:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Neil, Well if it is Loksound it had better be good as I haven't a good run with them. Mind you after hearing your A3 I am suitably impressed. I heard their might be a decoder for an A4 as well
I did buy the sound equipped Bachmann class 20 and I love it as it sounds like an beat up diesel truck my Grandfather used to drive.

Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia
Hi Charles, there is an A4 sound decoder from SWD. I put some clips of that up as well. It can sound a little bit synthesized at very slow speed but in general is very good. Have a listen.

A4clips

cheers Neil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.