Model Railway Forum banner

Hornby T9 and Schools Class

19K views 75 replies 34 participants last post by  neil_s_wood 
Latest update quoted 23rd Dec for release for the T9. Does this mean the date that they depart Margate or when the dealers will have them? Either way, no chance for Christmas

QUOTE I have no idea what the Schools Class V will be fitted with. Err, traction tyres?

What is wrong with everyone? It seems that every person seems to have an opinion about the T9/Castle/Schools before even trying or testing it but oh no, let's jump on the bandwagon and start whinging.

I am going to wait and see, only then decide once I have tried and tested it for myself, I suggest that you do the same because no matter how good/bad it is, I sincerely doubt whether many who have started gobbing off have the ability to do any better.

QUOTE Hornby have let them self down big time on this loco

Have you actually tested or even seen this model? I have because it is currently circumnavigating my layout without any problems. It runs sweetly through reverse curves, never stalls on frogs and looks better than my Wills widecab T9.

Possibly, we need a little patience is needed before making comments about that which we know very little?

Anyway, the T9 is certainly worth the wait and I hope that you enjoy your models as much as I am watching it running on Cranborne.

Tim
Happy as a dog with two tails

QUOTE Tim, why should we need to see it - looking at it will not vapourise the traction tyres! I simply do not comprehend your post...

Did I mention traction tyres? I merely cannot understand how anyone can dismiss anything based on prejudice rather than actual examination and testing.

It seems strange that you accuse me of focussing on the issue of traction tyres whilst my last post did not even refer to the issue. You inability to comprehend my post is only matched by your ability to insert text where none exists.

An apology is expected.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.