Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE Their is a market out there for high end "models" and modellers are willing to pay the price for that level of quality. If you want lower prices then you can buy the "Toy" railroad range.
Having said all that, Hornby still have some work to do to weed out the poorer items in their range and move them over to the Railroad range where they belong.

Cheers Manfred

Couldn't agree more Manfred.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Manfred Ebinger @ 29 Jan 2009, 10:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Neil

Just had another thought and Neil you can correct me if my information is wrong
Isn't one of the European manufacturers producing two types of the one model. One for the high end market with all the bells and whistles and the same model with not so many refinements at a lower price. (I am talking about new release models here, not as what Hornby is doing with its new A3 and putting the older tooling in the Railroad range).

As Hornby have entered the European market, I wonder to what extent they monitor their competition?

Cheers Manfred

No worries Manfred.

Most German manufacturers will offer a model with and without a digital decoder with sound. In Brawa's case the model is offered with sound and prefitted smoke generator or without. Roco used to do three ranges of models of differing quality in which some of the same models appeared in basic and better quality versions. I'm not sure what is currently available where the same model appears twice with varying quality by the same manufacturer.

I'm not sure if there is any point in Hornby monitoring the competition in Europe after the impact their first model made.

Neil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.