Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
It would be nice if Hornby Could do some track plans of real places using there standard track or as close as rather than fictitious stations routes depots?

Peter

·
Registered
461 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 31 Aug 2006, 00:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Real modelling as I see it is trying to recreate a place, whether real or fictional, as a scale model. Hornby and Peco track plans are very much extensions of the train set mentality as they create unrealistic layouts. The radius one curves are unrealistic and useless for most trains. My American locos and coaches can't even make it round radius three curves. Horses for courses though, the track plans do give ideas and food for thought for the beginner and you need to learn somewhere so maybe more advice on baseboards and creating different levels and things wouldn't go amiss. Also some problem solving advice for commonly encountered issues.

Thankyou Neil

The track plan books are there to inspire people to what can be achieved say for instance a first time modeller goes to the SVR for a day out travels the line thinks "I would love to build one of these stations as a layout but I havern`t got the space" then he looks at the Hornby track plan book and they show that you can build a SVR station in a small space and using there buildings, platforms and track.
That mean that the modeller gets his layout, hornby get a new customer and the hobby gets another person to keep the hobby going.

Of course you carn`t build complex layouts of real places with set track but it can inspire to build which is the main thing.

Peter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts