Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a couple of months back the Northumbrian Train pack R2435 and the extra coach pack R4228. I have have just got around to catalogueing my recent purchases and was adding everything to my database. When I did the coach pack I found that it has the exact same coaches in it as the train pack ie Buffet E 9115 E, Corridor 2nd E 12688 E and Corridor Brake E 10134 E. According to the back of the train pack box the coach pack should have E 12690 E, E 11019 E and E 10138 E. Has anyone struck this or have I been diddled
and bought a brummy
. I've sent Hornby an email to find out if it is brummy.

Ozzie 21

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Errr.... there was no buffet in the train pack. The coach pack you have is entirely correct, was the train pack wrong? I have to ask, where did you get it?

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Its always a good idea to check the Hornby website. This is what each pack should contain according to Hornby:-

THE NORTHUMBRIAN TRAIN PACK

Product Category: Train Packs
Product Code: R2435
Price:£130.00

Production Details
The roots of the 'Northumbrian' service go back to the Second World War years, and maybe even further back than that, but the service was officially inaugerated in 1949. Operating out of Newcastle, the express service travelled down to London Kings Cross taking approximately five hours. The name was eventually dropped in 1964 only to be revived again for two years in 1988.

CONTENTS
BR 4-6-2 Class A4 'Andrew K McCosh'
BR (ex-LNER) Corridor 1st Class Coach
BR (ex-LNER) Corridor 3rd Class Coach
BR (ex-LNER) Corridor 1st/3rd Class Brake Coach

THE NORTHUMBRIAN COACH PACK

Product Category: Train Packs
Product Code: R4228
Price:£79.99

Production Details
The ideal accompaniment to extend the R2435 'Northumbrian' train pack.

CONTENTS
BR (ex-LNER) Buffet Coach
BR (ex-LNER) Corridor 3rd Class Coach
BR (ex-LNER) Corridor 1st/3rd Class Brake Coach

Availability Details
Available now

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (60134 @ 28 Apr 2006, 23:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Errr.... there was no buffet in the train pack. The coach pack you have is entirely correct, was the train pack wrong? I have to ask, where did you get it?

Bugger! I'll have to have another look but I'm sure the coach pack contents matched what was in the train pack and what was printed on the back of the train pack box. I'll check when I get home from work.
I got them both from a reputable hobby shop in Brisbane.

Ozzie21

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
The contents of my train pack and coach pack are as advertised. The coach numbers match the six coach train illustrated on the back of the train pack box. If you do not have different numbers then there has been a mistake with the kit you have bought.

If you no longer have the original packaging, I can give you the details from mine. The coach pack is actually 3 individual coach boxes in a cardboard wrapper. Each coach box lists the carriage running number on the end flap.

I am very pleased with this train.

David

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Must remember to actually open the box not just read the back. I have and the problem is solved and what a dill I have been. I just looked at the train formation on the back of the box and read things as they were listed not thinking how the train is formed. Pays to look in the box.

Ozzie21

1 - 7 of 7 Posts