Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone has got a hornby turntable fitted to there layout, as looking at it its not very realistic at all. I want one thats easy to use, as its for my kids, and reading on here the hornby one is best for this.
Is there anyway of pulling the turntable apart to make it look real?? Anyone got any pics of theres??

also any idea what radius it is, as im working on a small layout (6ft x 4ft cut in half for storage) So not alot of space to work with, and as my layout is all down (on Mk3 now
) with a plan for just a storage yard, but now thinking as its a thomas theme i thought a turntable would be better.

thanks

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
By far the best way of dealing with the Hornby turntable is to sink it into the base board by 9mm. This removes those horrible ramps. Another recommended modification, remove all surplus roads and areas by using a band saw/Scroll saw, hide everything in scenery. It does improve a lot, it still noisy !

·
Registered
8 Posts
It works very well,but it does occupy a lot of space:2ft 6 in one direction and say 1ft 9 in the other;great fun to operate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts