Model Railway Forum banner

Hornby W1 Hush Hush

9K views 48 replies 13 participants last post by  kristopher1805 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone I have just bought my first Hornby model for over 45 years. I liked the look of the model and as i travelled a lot on the LNER in the 60's behind Deltic's I thought I would treat myself to a British Brand for a Change.
Has anyone have this model yet. I do know they have had issues with the smoke Deflectors breaking in Transit and they are addressing them as I phoned my order they assure me things will be okay. Babs

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Good Morning Everyone, IIRC Hornby will be doing a green one in the near future I thought I saw it on the Hornby Website. Babs

Discussion starter · #21 ·
Received my W1 Today by DPD at no extra cost and it is unbroken. Although from my own experience DPD have never damaged or lost any models from UK or Eu. Will give it a run on Rolling road this afternoon.
It does look really nice in the Dark Grey.
Babs

Discussion starter · #23 ·
My W1 Runs very nicely very Smooth. Now in the process of ordering a Zimo Sound Decoder to install. Now the million Dollar Question is can I install a smoke Generator or is this not possible. Babs

Discussion starter · #26 ·
34C & Cbrooks Thank you for your reply. At the moment I am not brave enough Either. I will be able to do the decoder which is in the Tender Decoder already ordered maybe in the New Year.
Babs

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Kristopher 1805 & Butler- Henderson. I watched Sam's video I was horrified and that was before mine arrived.
It did arrive intact not very well packed compared to the German arrivals.
On the rolling Road it performed quite well so I set up my radius 2 test track on the dining table Piko 100 ballasted track it performed flawlessly no issues and very quiet indeed so orderd zimo sound decoder with sound on board. I am no expert but I was expecting a few horrors as per Sam's video. Maybe I got Lucky who knows. Babs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.