Model Railway Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts
BUFFER BEEN OIL LAMPS.
Some version of original W1 in gey have go the two lamps for expels passenger ,but some have got three along front buffer beam and one above smoke box door. What is that signalling can not see it on lamp signal charts .

BUFFER BEEN OIL LAMPS.
Some version of original W1 in gey have go the two lamps for expels passenger ,but some have got three along front buffer beam and one above smoke box door. What is that signalling can not see it on lamp signal charts .
The two lamps on either LHS and RHS of the buffer beam is for an express passenger train (Source).

From memory; the 'all filled in' code (i.e. smokebox + 3 on buffer beam) was reserved for the royal train, however I am struggling to find a source for that one for some reason....

e.g.

(Source)

From memory; the 'all filled in' code (i.e. smokebox + 3 on buffer beam) was reserved for the royal train, however I am struggling to find a source for that one for some reason....
I have the same memory but Google didn't turn anything up. I must have read it in a book back in the days before t'Internet ;)

David

I have the same memory but Google didn't turn anything up. I must have read it in a book back in the days before t'Internet ;)

David
I've seen it quite recently, too, although I can't recollect why, maybe connected with the recent passing of QEII? I am really not sure, but the memory seems very recent.

J

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.