Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking though a Toys R Us christmas catalog and came upon Hornbys Anglian train set,I dont think that BR ever painted B12s blue,and looks like the coaches are the old Tri-ang clerestorys in would believe blood & custard livery
Now I know these sets are aimed at 6 to 12 years olds but if these youngsters want to enlarge there layouts as they get older,and want locos and stock in the right colours, why can't Hornby paint there old models in the correct colours,so in later years they are right.

Morry Cook.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I think you're right. Generally the only locos to receive the blue were "top link" machines like Kings, A3s, A4s, Coronations, Princesses, and Merchant Navies. There may well be more but they are the one I have documentary evidence of. As to the coaches the clerestories have done Hornby proud in a variety of liveries over the years. I beleive they are generic anyway.

Regards

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi Morry!
I know what you are trying to say.
Manufacturers don't make much on sets as they're intended to bring people into the hobby.
The same could be said for the older Gresley coaches or the shorty mk3's. I think those that move on to become scale modellers might be a tad put out but many will be happy to mix and match or keep them as fondly remembered items that started them off.
Some of the "rich uncle" sets however seem to have up-to-date stock in them.
Regards,
Les.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts