Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (ME 26-06 @ 24 Jan 2008, 10:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If it is good, I hope that Hornby releases an early Prussian or Saxonian (or Badonia, Wurttembergian) version, with all the correct changes. I´d buy one of those Ep I engines, thank you Hornby!

EDIT: However, please also keep in mind that this engine has to compete with the likes of Fleischmann´s classes 95 and 56, pricewise, and Brawa´s 56 quality-wise (albeit that one is a lot more expensive, it looks rather close in its appearance). Gützold will realease a reconstructed East German class 58 as well, and from my experience, Gützold engines are really good.
I'll be waiting to see if a K.Pev one appears too. I would want hear reviews first before paying as well.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 26 Jan 2008, 09:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So they are complaining about the loco tender gap and a lack of directional lighting.

Well, we've heard about the gap problem, Hornby locos are designed for tight radius curves. Lights on a steam loco are new and to expect directional buffer lamps is quite a lot.
While this is all new to UK outline these features are standard on European outline and have been for many years. Maerklin, who most would agree are the main "trains set guys" of German model rail have almost all of their locos with close coupling and directional lighting and these will all negotiate very tight curves. In fact my Trix stuff will tend to get round tighter curves than recent Hornby stuff and that's with close coupling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts