Model Railway Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
QUOTE (ebaykal @ 26 Jan 2008, 17:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The price in the USA abt 245 usd analog, 285 usd AC model

e-bay : abt 200 euro.
Baykal

I got a printed flyer at my lhs today; apparently, both AC and DC version are listed with an rrp of 259,-- Euro.

Here´s the picture from Hornby Germany´s website:

Baykal, I´d be very interested in the Turkish pics. Do you think a class 58 model like the Hornby one could be converted into a TCDD engine?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hi Tom,

I have PM'd you the pictures.

Judging by them seems not that hard to convert.

Also, squeeze a Br 58 like an accordion from both sides, what do you get ?

A Br 56.

Baykal

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (80class @ 26 Jan 2008, 14:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm still amazed that Hornby arn't marketing their international range in the UK. Anyone know why?

I suspect they need to get the European market buying first, then perhaps it will become readily available in the UK.

Regards

·
Administrator
9,892 Posts
QUOTE 80class: I'm still amazed that Hornby arn't marketing their international range in the UK. Anyone know why?

BritHO: I suspect they need to get the European market buying first,

Perhaps this quote from the BBC's report on Hornby's trading update has the answer:-

QUOTE Sales growth was also strong in Europe, but was less than expected because of delays with new product lines.

You can read the report here on the BBC website, but don't expect any specific model railway info, there isn't any.

(Maybe the BBC reporter is a disappointed NER modeller like me

David

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
By now, I am very actively considering to add this model to my collection.

I may have to sell another engine on eBay or elsewhere, but which one - my HAG Re 6/6 in green livery is my current first choice.

Nonetheless, this Prussian bugger and my class 95 would make a great team.

btw, the Rivarossi/Lima/Jouef new items flyers are online in German forums. Like here.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts