Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone plz tell me how to connect peco streamline code 100 flexitrack together?
I'm using the peco track joiners, but when i do a bend one of the actual rails, they slide out of the joiners.

So anyway im in crisis mode here, if anyone knows how, i would much appreciate it.

email me the details (if you can)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Is the problem that as you bent the track, inside rail ends up longer then the other, and this is causing you problems fishing them up to the next length of track...? In which case you need to cut back the inner rail so it's square with the outer one.
Or are you finding that when bending the track, the outer rail pulls away from the previous length of track...? Then nipping the fishplates tight against the rails with a pair of long nose pliers will help them to grip the rails, or as Daz suggested, a dob of solder.

Forgive me if I'm being a too basic (suck eggs, and all that).If you could elaberate a bit more on the problem, then I'm sure we can provide you with the answer...

·
Administrator
9,852 Posts
My experience with Peco rail joiners is that they are too tight to slide onto the rail easily, so unless you have opened them out a bit too much to get them on in the first place, I'm at a loss to understand what is happening. As for how I lay my track, there's an entry in my blog with some pictures you might find useful. Here's a link if you think it would help.

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Al @ 2 Jan 2008, 10:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is the problem that as you bent the track, inside rail ends up longer then the other, and this is causing you problems fishing them up to the next length of track...? In which case you need to cut back the inner rail so it's square with the outer one.
Or are you finding that when bending the track, the outer rail pulls away from the previous length of track...? Then nipping the fishplates tight against the rails with a pair of long nose pliers will help them to grip the rails, or as Daz suggested, a dob of solder.

Forgive me if I'm being a too basic (suck eggs, and all that).If you could elaberate a bit more on the problem, then I'm sure we can provide you with the answer...
Thanks Al! i got it now, i had to cut one of the rails

1 - 8 of 8 Posts