Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
QUOTE I'm reminded of many of the reasons that I abandoned British outline OO a few years ago and switched to continental HO. I know nothing is perfect in this world, and I do occasionally, very occasionally have to return a Roco or a Marklin. But I've never had quite such a bad day.

You're not alone there Ashley,

I switched to HO for the same reason. I tend to try a couple of the more recent UK OO models each year to see how they are progressing. They are getting better in some respects but they will never match Continental HO until the budgetary constraints are raised. If you are going to keep costs down you have to make cuts somewhere. At least externally the OO models are looking good!

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
I guess I'll join in. I got some Lokpilots V3.0 decoders from Nathans Trains N'Toys as he has them on special for $50. I ordered a couple of extra coaches for the Caledonian Sleeper set. I actually received the Caledonian Sleeper set yesterday although it was ordered a month ago. It looks very good, way better finish than the Pendolino. Will have to hard wire a decoder into it at the weekend. I got a couple of Midlothian buses last week. Oh and 9 Fife coal company (Leven) wagons from Bachmann. I almost bought that new BR maroon Collectors club loco but was warned off in no uncertain terms by my wife.

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
QUOTE HAG stuff is absolutely gorgeous, last time I went to Nurnberg I spent a large part of my time dribbling at their stand. There's just something about it - especially when it comes to handling it. I just don't like the price tags that tend to be attached

Well Dave thats a red rag to a bull. I will have to investigate.

On a more sour note I put a Lokpilot v3.0 into my Caledonian sleeper loco last night and the motor doesn't work. I'm really struggling to keep my cool with some of these Hornby items. The decoder works as I read all the data into my system and changed the addresses, it just wont move.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.