Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, been reading this forum off on on for a while , thought it would be a good idea to join and get some good ideas for a new N gauge layout with SDJR and GWR 1930`s steam - of course, looking forward to it all

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
Welcome aboard!

QUOTE get some good ideas for a new N gauge layout with SDJR and GWR 1930`s steam

You'll get plenty for those and there's quite a few who share your particular interests, so ask away and enjoy.

David

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi Egg & Chips. Welcome to the MRF and a belated Merry Christmas to you. I trust Santa has been good to you.

I too model GWR in N Gauge so, if you need any advice, please feel free to ask away.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Hi egg and chips,

I'm going to be considering myself a 'newbie' here for some time I guess, but I feel I'm in great company and comfortable here and will be sure to be more in need of advice than being in a position to provide it
I'm picking up quite a bit from others, but will need to post my own specific questions when I get to the more critical stages.

Good luck with your project, I'll be keen to see what direction you take it - do you have a plan yet

Regards.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome , expat and steam driven boy, No I`ve not got a trackplan and have posted under layout design for advise and ideas as I want to run both GWR and S & D .

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome to the forums o' Baggage porter
- Hope you settle in AOK!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Although not modelling the S&D I've always liked it's style.

Regards

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Hi Egg and Chips

Welcome to the forum

We are certainly increasing the population from Lincolnshire online now!

If Simon Kohlor joins up to then we will have more from the county too!

Welcome again

Brian
CME Milldale

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (bro sewell @ 30 Dec 2008, 16:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If Simon Kohlor joins up to then we will have more from the county too!

sorry mate - He's an honorary Man of Kent.

Regards

·
garage hobbit&#33;&#33;&#33;
1,715 Posts
sorry mate - He's an honorary Man of Kent.

Regards
[/quote]

But he is still proud to be a Yellow Belly when I saw him at warley, even to the extent of using a pub in Horncastle for the Scaledale range

He could always move Hornby up here and use the ports along the east coast or Humber for the imports, plenty of empty factorys in Grimsby now!

Brian
CME Milldale

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the welcomes :Kimbo,Britho and Bro Sewell , yep Simon Kohlor came from Louth , it`s good to see more people joining and that we are welcomed in

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 30 Dec 2008, 19:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There is indeed a Simon Kohlor listed as a member of MRF !

And I notice that Brian (Brosewell) has in fact viewed his profile.

Regards

1 - 14 of 14 Posts