Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 26 Posts

· Administrator
10,743 Posts
I think I may try to get hold of an English Electric Type 4 (class 40) motor less shell so that it can "rescued" by a Gresley Pacific

David

· Administrator
10,743 Posts
QUOTE Haven't learned to consist with that all dancing and singing ESU DCC system yet???? No need for a motorless anything David - Advanced consisting will do it in a few taps of the touch screen.... so you will be able to rescue the A4 that was rescuing the CL40 with your Jubilee or Coronation

Nice one

I do have a Jubilee. It's currently sitting in line with a rebuilt Scot and a rebuilt Patriot. Those two chunky 4-6-0s do make it look rather small and delicate. The line next to it is currently stabling an A1 and an A3. Whether or not I get a Coronation will depend on whether I can be convinced that they visited the Leeds area on normal traffic duties rather than rail tours. I suppose I could try to find out what the RCTS used to arrange in the 50s. Even then it would have to wait behind a late Britannia with the large tender and at that point the outrageous over representation of Pacifics has almost certainly gone too far.

As for a powered class 40? Well maybe. I do have a blue Jouef example in a box somewhere but I doubt it's worth the time to repaint it green.

As for consisting - maybe I could start with double headed A3s?

David

· Administrator
10,743 Posts
QUOTE As for consisting - maybe I could start with double headed A3s?

I've had a better idea - a Black Five and a Jubilee - both fitted with sound decoders. I am just trying to imagine what they would sound like - the two cylinder 5 and three cylinder Jubilee starting a Liverpool bound express out of Leeds City (new).

I know Black 5 chips are available. I'm not sure about the Jubilee.

David

· Administrator
10,743 Posts
QUOTE As to the consisiting, yes, they sound great together!

I thought you might know. I've filed that information away for later use.

David

1 - 4 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.