Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really sorry about the over exaggerated title but hey it only happens once a year. Just got up from nights and have not had a chance to see if there are any little pressies for me lying around but I'll report back later and let you know what has come my way.

·
Registered
894 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Count yourself lucky though, cos I'll only get one 31st birthday in my lifetime!!!!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Don't you just hate young people........................

I vaguely recall my 31st, back in the dark days of the twentieth century.

Have a good day mate.

Regards

·
Registered
296 Posts
Happy birthday

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Am back home now after a little tea party at my parents with swmbo and the kids and there were loads of cards and a bar of toblerone but not a wagon or loco in sight. Oh well it's not the end of the world but it would have been nice.

Thanks for all the comments and well wishes from everybody on here.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
QUOTE (harkins77 @ 11 Sep 2008, 19:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Am back home now after a little tea party at my parents with swmbo and the kids and there were loads of cards and a bar of toblerone but not a wagon or loco in sight. Oh well it's not the end of the world but it would have been nice.

Happy Birthday

It's like that unfortunately. Wives, kids, parents & parents-in-law just don't know what really matters...

I'll tell you what - come over her for a visit and I'll give you a loco for your birthday. Whilst you're here, you can give me one for my birthday that was a couple of weeks ago
I didn't get anything interesting then either

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (harkins77 @ 12 Sep 2008, 04:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Am back home now after a little tea party at my parents with swmbo and the kids and there were loads of cards and a bar of toblerone but not a wagon or loco in sight. Oh well it's not the end of the world but it would have been nice.

I usualy get pro-active and ensure the appropriate authorites are well aware of what is required.

I actually remember my 31st. A heavy night at the Slug and lettuce in Upper street, Islington. Very nice it was too. Don't get birthday's like that now. It's amazing the difference a wife and kids make.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is Neil I agree. Most of my family now say that because I have kids my presents go out the window.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I got 5 decoders for Xmas, or was that for my birthday?. Gets hard to remember what's what when you add an extra 20 something onto the 31. :)

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 11 Sep 2008, 21:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I usualy get pro-active and ensure the appropriate authorites are well aware of what is required.

I actually remember my 31st. A heavy night at the Slug and lettuce in Upper street, Islington. Very nice it was too. Don't get birthday's like that now. .

I get pro-active - still doesn't work though! If the "slug" is the one I'm thinking of I can understand the sentiment.......

QUOTE (harkins77 @ 11 Sep 2008, 22:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Most of my family now say that because I have kids my presents go out the window.

Hmm - no kids, then again no swmbo = no presents anyway!

QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 12 Sep 2008, 07:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The last time I was asked "what would you like for Christmas ?" I said "nothing" & got exactly that !

At least you weren't disappointed

Regards

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Happy birthday Harkins - at least I now know what the 77 is all about.
When you get to somewhere near my age perhaps you will be able to manage pressies a bit wiser!
My beloved is away in the Lucky Land just now visiting family and friends in Melbourne, Sydney,and Brisbane whilst I
have to stay behind to keep the home fires burning. She said she would buy me a birthday present to make up for that - what would I like ? " A tank "- I said , it will cost you about the same as the perfume I usually get you!- OK.
Now I'm not sure if she knows whether its a 0-6-0T or a glorious "tankup" in somewhere like the "slug"

Time and a bit of steering in the right direction will tell!!!

Regards Tony CME GVR

·
Registered
60 Posts
Happy birthday.
I've had two 31st birthdays...the first one in the year of your birth and the second one 31 years later, last Christmas.
I, too, was with my first wife for my 31st...and I'm still with her now !
Best wishes and never run a hot box.

Ed

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi Harkins and belated birthday greetings.

Sorry about the delay but I'm in China at the moment (7 hour time difference) so didn't pick up on your post before.

I've found that there's no mileage in being subtle so simply tell SWMBO what I want for birthdays and Christmases. She prefers it because she doesn't have to think about what to get me and I end up with what I want. Got a very nice Dremel set for Christmas and the complete Lyddle End Gas Works for my birthday. Need I say more.

Have a good one,

Expat.

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
QUOTE (10001 @ 12 Sep 2008, 12:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>She said she would buy me a birthday present to make up for that - what would I like ? " A tank "- I said , it will cost you about the same as the perfume I usually get you!- OK.

What's the betting on a Russian T52 or a Chieftain ???

Expat.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts