Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
80class

I can recommend the Railroad museum at Baltimore as Andrew already mentioned. He also suggested several others in Pennsylvania so you might want to consider spending a few days in the North East. I can add another attraction as well - the New Hope and Ivyland Railroad at (as you might guess) New Hope, PA. The website address is www.newhoperailroad.com. Travels through some pretty country (Bucks County, PA) and your significant other will enjoy the many shopping opportunities in New Hope and Lambertville NJ, which is just across the river. The railroad is one of the few I've seen over here to offer cab rides on their steam locomotive.

In addition both towns are home to micro breweries which offer periodic tours and tasting The one in New Hope is the Triumph Brewery right across the track from the station, you can have a meal outside and watch the trains while sampling their brews - what could be better??

Yes the chances are high that it will be hot in July, and will get hotter still as you head for the south. I find the humidity is worse than the heat itself

Norm

1 - 1 of 1 Posts