Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking for track for my new 'OO' gauge layout. (380x110 CM)
I wan't to make a double track layout, with a little yard, and a station. So if the outside track curve is 2nd grade, the inside track curve must be 1st grade?

But what I wan't to know is wich brand I should take?
And it must be possible to use it with the Roco LokMause.

I was looking for pictures on the internet, but can't find some good one.
And my internet shop, where I'm buying stuf, haven't got any pictures of the Peco track, and they sayd to my "Peco doens't made curves, so you should use the Flexible track.". Is that correct, that they don't made curves?

Don't know if there is a cheap shop that sell's good stuf, and send it overseas?

And then I've got a nother question:

English signals, I wan't some signals like this. (picture is from railwaves.com) Don't know how to explain them.
I was looking for them, but don't know a brand what made some English signals.

I'll hope you can help me with this.

Thanks a lot!

Ryan

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Ryan @ 17 Aug 2006, 18:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello,

I'm looking for track for my new 'OO' gauge layout. (380x110 CM)
I wan't to make a double track layout, with a little yard, and a station. So if the outside track curve is 2nd grade, the inside track curve must be 1st grade?

But what I wan't to know is wich brand I should take?

As you are in the Netherlands you should be able to obtain Fleischmann Profi, Rocoline (without the trackbed). Piko, Tillig & any other "European" track systems easily.
And it must be possible to use it with the Roco LokMause.
Any track sytem will work with the LokMouse.

I was looking for pictures on the internet, but can't find some good one.
And my internet shop, where I'm buying stuf, haven't got any pictures of the Peco track, and they sayd to my "Peco doens't made curves, so you should use the Flexible track.". Is that correct, that they don't made curves?
Peco do indeed make curves - they are from the "Setrack" range - just be aware that UK & European track sytems use different geometry.

Don't know if there is a cheap shop that sell's good stuf, and send it overseas?

If you cannot find a source contact me off list.

And then I've got a nother question:

English signals, I wan't some signals like this. (picture is from railwaves.com) Don't know how to explain them.
I was looking for them, but don't know a brand what made some English signals.
Cannot help with the signals (I'm a "European Modeller" myself.)

Hope this helps.
Brian

I'll hope you can help me with this.

Thanks a lot!

Ryan

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you want tight radius curves in 4mm scale, then Tillig H0 Elite is the best choice I think. They do a good range of curves and their turnouts are well proportioned. Be aware though that if you want to motorise the turnouts, you will need Tillig's own motors, latching solenoids or proper motor drives, like tortoise motors, since Tillig's turnouts do not 'click' into place like Peco or Hornby varieties, and thus a standard solenoid point motor will not keep the turnout blade in place.

Hope this helps.

Contact Richard at International Models in the UK to get a copy of the Tillig catalogue, or from Tillig themselves.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I saw that thread, but it looks like you can't add some point motors to the tillig track? Hmm...don't know, the Peco points looks stronger. But is it possible to make the point electric with Peco? (I think it should be.
)

·
Registered
34 Posts
QUOTE (Ryan @ 17 Aug 2006, 22:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes, I saw that thread, but it looks like you can't add some point motors to the tillig track? Hmm...don't know, the Peco points looks stronger. But is it possible to make the point electric with Peco? (I think it should be.
)

Peco points can use solenoid motors as the points can click into place. Tillig points do not click into place and therefore need different motors.

Peco points are very robust, but if you want tight radius curves you will have to use Code 100 Peco points and then use either Peco Settrack or something similar, like Hornby. Peco's Code 75 points are much better, but you cannot get fixed radius curves in that geometry.

I think your options are:-
  • Peco Code 100, Peco/Hornby motors, Peco/Hornby Settrack
  • Peco Code 75 points, Peco/Hornby motors, Flexitrack curved to size using Tracksetta
  • Tillig H0 Elite Points, Tillig/Tortoise motors, A choice of 4 radius Tillig curves
If you need tight radius, then the Tillig is the best choice.
If you can avoid very tight radius but still want fixed radius curves, then Peco Code 100.
If you are happy forming your own curves, and need to use solenoid motors, then Peco Code 75.

Confusing, all these choices, aren't they?

·
Registered
243 Posts
You can use peco point motors with other turnouts aslong as you use the PL12 Motor Adaptor as there fitted with over-centre spring for other turnouts,but they advise that they be removed if the turnouts are fitted with there own spring.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all!!

But I've got still a question about the signals; I'll don't know wich brand them made? Can't find them with google.

Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello,

I'm a bit late, I had some internet problems, but I've bin to the local hobby shop, and they told me I can better use the Fleischmann profitrack and paint them, so I've made a little test piece, looks quite good!

I've mad a track plan for my new table, but I need to scan the image.

I'll place some pictures later this day.

I've got a nother new train, a Super Sprinter (Class 155) from Hornby. It's an easy model, but I'm happy with it. Maybe later I'll build some lights in it, and some head and tail lights.

But I'll need lots of stuff from England, but the postal costs overseas are not very cheap (I'll found some good sites like ehattons and stocktonmodellers, but the postal costs are expensive, like 12 pounds or more).
Don't know if somebody knows a shop wich sent English stuff overseas with some cheaper postal costs?

Thats it for now, later this day I'll place some photo's.

Ryan

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hi Ryan
For British outline colour light signals then look no further than here..Roger Murray

As for track, it really depends on what you're looking for end result wise? Peco track (Code 100 Streamline) has served me and many others in the modelling world well for a great number of years. Perhaps not the finest scale of track systems, but certainly readily available. Tilig is a fairly new comer and while it looks nice it of course can't be readily coupled to any other make of track, as it uses code 83 rail. Their point work has no over the centre springing so it requires an electric motor operated mechanism to throw and lock the points where as Peco can use either solenoid or motor types.

Perhaps as you're based outside the UK , supplies of Tilig (or other makes of track by continental manufactures) may be cheaper for you?? However here in the UK Tilig is more expensive item to item when compared to Peco Streamline Code 100 and currently there are very few stockists of Tilig!

As for "Cheap Overseas Postage I can't quote anyone especially, but for cost of items you'll find this shop quite hard to beat. Ask them about their P &P rates it can't hurt. The Signal Box

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Brian,

Thanks for your reply, the signals from Roger Murray are amazing!
But I can I control them? Is it possible to change lights by hand? Or is it only possible via my computer? (I'll hope he sent his signals overseas
)

The Signal Box is a nice site, I'll send them a e-mail how much it will cost to send something oversea.

Thanks a lot Brian!!!

Ryan

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oké, thanks a lot Brian!

Maybe I'm going to buy some tracks next weekend.

When I've got new news
I will post it in my other topic.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Ryan @ 27 Aug 2006, 14:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>But I'll need lots of stuff from England, but the postal costs overseas are not very cheap (I'll found some good sites like ehattons and stocktonmodellers, but the postal costs are expensive, like 12 pounds or more).
Don't know if somebody knows a shop wich sent English stuff overseas with some cheaper postal costs?

Thats it for now, later this day I'll place some photo's.

Ryan

Hello Ryan,

Postage costs from England are due to the excessive prices charged by Royal Mail, something we are unfortunatly stuck with. A retailer friend of mine charges the actual cost only (no packing charges) & it is often queried.

best regards
Brian

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello,

I'm thinking about a level crossing in my layout, but I'll wan't a automatic one (or make it automatic), but I'll can't find any good electric level crossings for double track.

I'll finded At Littlewood a automatic levercrossing from Peco, with road stripes on it, and with flashing lights and sirens from Roger Murray.

I'll finded the next on the website from Littlewood:

QUOTE A recent (November 1997) improvement to the layout has been the automating of the half barrier level crossing on the upper mainline level. Operation is controlled by the trains activating a bank of five relays in sequence. These relays ensure the correct activation of the crossing, even keeping the gates down if another train is approaching. The PECO level crossing gates are operated by a purpose built mechanism mounted below the baseboard while the flashing lights and warning siren are powered by a module from Roger Murray Signals.

(I'll hope I'm allowed to quote this
)

It's only at 'N' gauge, but I'll think there is something like that, but in '00' gauge.

I'll hope somebody could help me with this!

In advance thanks!!

Ryan (I'll think my english is better than in the beginning.
)

Edit: I'll think I've found something about is on Roger's site.
sorry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts