Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ive joined this forum in the hope sombody can help my mum in law, her late husband owned 2 locos from new, made by basset lowke, The Pricess Royal and The Royal Scott, they are both unused an still boxed and originally cost around £500 each, she isnt in a hurry to sell them but she does need to know what sort of price to ask, can you help, thanks, Alan

·
Registered
208 Posts
Alan

You don't say what scale they are, I would think that they are O gauge, the Princess Royal can fetch up to £2,500 & the Royal Scot has fetched about £1500 in the past. They need to be put into a special railway sale with one of the larger auction houses to get the best price. Hope this helps.

regards

mike g

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help, yes they are "o" gauge, i will get model numbers and other details from mum, they are in super mint condition and they are in original bassett-lowk boxes stating "limited edition", unfortunately my dad in law died before he could even set his track up so theres a few boxes of track and junctions and other stuff never been used.
Alan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts