Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought a pack of 4 backscenes to go around the room do they have to be installed left to right as ABCD or can I start with D and continue with CBA.
this is I’d backscenes “Into the Town”?

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
I used I.D. backscenes on my layout and I fitted them right to left. It did not occur to me that the direction mattered. The only difficulty is where they join up if you are doing a full circle. Have you got the self-adhesive ones? These are much easier to put on wood or hardboard that has been painted. This is because they can be lifted off and re-positioned if you don't get it quite right first time. I had one small section which I had not bothered to paint first. When I tried lifting over this section it was much more difficult and left adhesive behind. I also got the impression that it would tear easily in this situation. Make sure that the first foot or so is perfectly horizontal and the rest will follow easily being rubbed on with a cloth or even your hand. I was very impressed with the product overall and they really look good if you get them flat.

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Yes, I had four of countryside scenes. You can see them on my layout thread starting at post 30. This is the latest set. There was an earlier set which had to be scrapped when I dismantled the layout and started again a lot higher off the floor. The earlier set can be seen hanging on the wall in the first few posts. I ruined these by sticking them on top of one another. I thought it would be a good way of saving them - but it wasn't!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I recently (last week) applied a panoramic scene I took years ago when visiting the NNR, I used 6mm plywood screwed to the layout board edge and split the scene into four different sections to match the sections of the baseboard (I originally printed it on roll photographic paper about 10 feet long 13” wide (high)…..I pondered over what glue to use and in the end I plumped for Deluxe Materials back scene glue which proved to be a very good choice, no bubbling, easy repositioning while wet and goes a long way.

·
Registered
54 Posts
These are my photo backscenes with Deluxe materials back scene glue.
Automotive tire Wood Asphalt Slope Grass

1 - 6 of 6 Posts