Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Babs,
I like Swiss railways as I like all railways but I don’t love them (sorry!).
I am also surprised that there isn’t a kit available but I’m worried that it may be extremely expensive to 3D print such a station.
Might it be better to go for something where it is cut out of thin plywood or thick card by laser? I know it would still have to be assembled and painted etc. That may not be too difficult a task though, I’ve built a couple such kits and they go together quite easily.
Just a thought.
Good luck,
John E.

·
Administrator
9,940 Posts
That will be impressive and it's a great excuse for a wide range of trains. I've been there a few times and once managed to catch a DB ICE2 train to Berne.

One particular memory is of the swallows which had made their nests in the platform canopy along side the station building.

David

Reactions: Babz

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi John & David I know what you say John about sort of Scratch building but I am useless. I am really into 3d printing. But i am no architect. This persons work is impressive I cannot share at the moment. The cost when you consider some of the larger Faller or Vollmer kits there is not much difference in the price I want this to be really special and I know what I am like about gluing Faller kits and so on I will ask if I can share by pics of this persons work.
Babs

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reddo Thanks. For me it was not a difficult choice. Pictures will be available Early next year.
Babs

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:😄
Hi Babs,
Okay, no problem! It certainly will be a doddle for you if it is all printed.
Actually, I’ve just remembered, my H0 scale class 20 bodies were quite reasonably priced - when you first said 3D printed, I was thinking of Shapeways prices, they are extortionate.
Cheers,
John
Hi John I will not be building it the guy who is doing it will give me the completed model.
Other wise I would just mess it up.
Babs. Ps do not let me near a bottle of glue and any plastic kits😄😄😄

1 - 9 of 9 Posts