Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Having now had a chance to view in a bit more detail there are some excellent models on thare. I really liked the O gauge one.

Nice link Neil

Regards

·
In depth idiot
7,685 Posts
The harbour scenes on the Thursday page are - well let's just say I am kicking myself for not choosing to incorporate something nautical in my layout. Excellent link. Must find an excuse someday to be in Germany when there is a major show modelling show on.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Great link Neil.

Just to note a group of Englanders are there with a HO layout.
Dorset Reichsbahn Group, Dorset GB on 17.4.

David

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (adecoaches26point4 @ 19 Apr 2008, 02:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great link Neil.

Just to note a group of Englanders are there with a HO layout.
Dorset Reichsbahn Group, Dorset GB on 17.4.

David
That's right David, I believe Model Rail Forum Member 72c is the man behind that layout.

Some excelent layouts on show there.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just got home from Dortmund. A really amazing show with 8 large halls covering every type of modelling. The model railway stuff concentrated in halls 6 and 8. Some great layouts certainly but also some very interesting trade stands, particularly some of the scenic items which we don't see in the UK. a number of small companies ffering laser cut wood and card kits including a complete kit for the roundhouse and associated buildings at Dusseldorf that really took my eye.

Also several companies offering plaster or resin moulded structures, with etched brass details.

I managed to contain spending and came back with just one loco, two Artitech building kits, some road vehicles and some turnout lanterns from aCzech company.

I did manage to resist the Micro Metakit offerings and also some amazing Gauge 1 locos with sound and sysnchronised steam both from chimney and cylinders.

Certainly the show to visit and well worth the effort.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (custodian @ 19 Apr 2008, 23:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just got home from Dortmund. A really amazing show with 8 large halls covering every type of modelling. The model railway stuff concentrated in halls 6 and 8. Some great layouts certainly but also some very interesting trade stands, particularly some of the scenic items which we don't see in the UK. a number of small companies ffering laser cut wood and card kits including a complete kit for the roundhouse and associated buildings at Dusseldorf that really took my eye.

Also several companies offering plaster or resin moulded structures, with etched brass details.

I managed to contain spending and came back with just one loco, two Artitech building kits, some road vehicles and some turnout lanterns from aCzech company.

I did manage to resist the Micro Metakit offerings and also some amazing Gauge 1 locos with sound and sysnchronised steam both from chimney and cylinders.

Certainly the show to visit and well worth the effort.
I reckon I could get myself into some serious financial trouble if I was to go.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I think the idea would be to negotiate a budget with SWMBO.

Multiply it by 2, then when the bill arrives, go, damm exchange rates!

For me the danger would be not so much the stuff you can buy over the net, but those small manufacturers that attend the shows and sell those must have detail bits.

Now I wonder if the organisors would be keen to pay the transport costs so that we could take Istein (the gauge 1 layout I help exhibit). NZD50-75k should cover the expenses!

John

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE For me the danger would be not so much the stuff you can buy over the net, but those small manufacturers that attend the shows and sell those must have detail bits.

This is the problem as you would have to buy this sort of stuff there and then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts