Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dogsbody
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now for all of you blokes out there, please do not forget that today, Sunday 8th March, is international women's day. Remeber to give SWMBO (her indoors) an appropriate greeting or you time to browse this forum will be compromised by the ensuing need to atone for forgetting it !

Now I notice that we do have some girls who contribute to the forum - to all of you have a good day and be gentle with your partner if he forgot.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
What ever is SWMBO?
I always give lots of attention to my wife anyway most days so she probably wouldn't know any difference from today to other 'normal' days.
Thanks for the heads up though Bob.

Kind regards

Paul

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
International womens day is big in eastern Europe where they have parades, parties and all the women get flowers. Ask them when International mens day is and watch their faces go blank. (It's the 19th of November btw, just looked it up on wikipedia.) :)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Well many thanks for that Robert my wife is just giggling away now I've told her.

Kind regards

Paul

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE She Who Must Be Obeyed

It was used originally(?) by John Mortimer's character Rumpole when referring to his wife.

David

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Call me a wet blanket if you like but flowers,cook a meal or...um...something else I care not to mention can be enjoyable for both parties if you know what I mean..Doh! ...Keep forgeting this is a model train forum
Candles and good tune's are essential.
Im drunk,going to bed now before any more damage is done...Amen.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (BobB @ 8 Mar 2009, 14:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now for all of you blokes out there, please do not forget that today, Sunday 8th March, is international women's day.

Damn - I missed it, oh well never mind!

Regards

1 - 11 of 11 Posts