Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
For the past while I've been researching, studying and modelling Irish railways, more specifically the passenger coaching stock. As a result there are a number of vehicles and liveries on my workbench, although a few remain which I am still yet to tackle (I'm waiting for the ALPS printer to come down in price so that I can achieve intricate white decals). In case anyone is interested in seeing how these look:

NIR Enterprise silver/blue (dark stripe):

NIR Enterprise silver/blue (light stripe):

NIR Enterprise silver/blue 1st class (light stripe):

NIR Enterprise revised:

NIR Enterprise mark IId purchased from BR in 1988:

General shot of NIR Enterprise rake:

NIR Translink ex-Gatwick vehicle:

NIR Translink 80 class intermediate:

One other livery I'm considering is the maroon/blue of the 1970s. One thing though - would anyone happen to know what the numbering scheme of these vehicles was?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. If only this layout were my own! It belongs to my local railway club. Historically I model the British cousins (Sealink, Network Rail, Railtrack, WCRC, etc) but I do like the Irish colour schemes as you say. If anyone is interested then let me know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks David for that info - absolutely invaluable and really appreciated. Re the InterCity logo on the silver/blue, it seemed that some vehicles did and some didn't - or whether they all did to begin with and some lost it as they went through the works in later life - I don't know. I stumbled on this fotopic site which shows the mixture:

http://n-i-r.fotopic.net/c1608454.html

So those numbers you list - are those in the silver/blue or still in the previous maroon/blue at that point? I seem to recall seeing another buffet (546) as well as 2 more driving trailers (814/815)? My knowledge of this is sketchy at best though.

Thanks,
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.