Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
C55
2,646 Posts
I think you may have just worked out e-Bay and the mindset of those who wish to play. Fools and their money are soon parted, accelerated by that false sense of competition. They think that they have won some form of competition, but in reality have just pushed up the price of a commodity, way beyond it's value - then paid for it, themselves!! Every time someone chases an inflated purchase encourages others to do likewise, resulting in making themselves pay more, too. I let other people do that to themselves.

Personally, I have made quite a lot of purchases from e-Bay, but never supported a chase. I watch the bids and only bid at the last few seconds - assuming the price is still at a reasonable value.

There are lots of outlets for model rail and most will sell at reasonable prices. Sometimes a little patience is required to wait for a suitable model to appear, but given a little time, they normally do - if not - is a "model" worth spending far more than you are comfortable with, just to have it now? On the other hand, the vast majority of my purchases are through normal retail outlets, again with an eye on other competitive outlet prices.

Julian

1 - 1 of 1 Posts