Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a search of the forum to try to find out who stocks it but I can't seem to find where it was discussed.
Can anybody tell me who stocks it and how much they charge for it?
Thanks for you help guys.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
seems rather an odd request?

which perhaps should read ''HO'' track?

I have seen stuff for sale....cheap flex track, somewhat course of fixing.....perhaps made by Lima?...or Rivarossi?....or possibly even Mehano?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Cheltenham Model centre sell it, i have used this in the past be warned its not very flexible, and some hornby stock tends to run on the chairs!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Do you mean the stuff that has the sleeper webbing, underneath ,gapped on one side only, so only bends on one side, to a minimum of about 24 inch rad. Comes in either brown, or black sleepering, and cheap. Then it's stuff distributed by Gaugemaster, many retailers stock it, but don't make it well known - they prefer to shift Peco.
Paul M.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That all sounds like the stuff, my Bro got about half a box from a swapmeet and we got through that very quickly. Now I'm building a new layout for myself I thought I'd see if I could get some as it doesn't look too bad once it's been painted ballasted and weathered. But only if it's a lot cheaper than the Peco stuff.
As for the not being very flexible, I only need it to be more or less dead straight and I've not seen any problems with flanges running on the chairs on Brians layout, including some Lima mk1s with pizza cutter flanges.

Thanks for the fast replys guys

·
Totally Crazy.......
684 Posts
hi - Yes the Gaugemaster stuff is cheaper than Peco by about 20% for nickle-silver rail (brown sleepered) and not much more than £1.15 per length for steel rail (black sleepered) - but this will rust eventually!! - useful for Magnatraction locos though!
Regards
David Y

·
Registered
421 Posts
QUOTE (Madkitten @ 9 May 2008, 17:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi - Yes the Gaugemaster stuff is cheaper than Peco by about 20% for nickle-silver rail (brown sleepered) and not much more than £1.15 per length for steel rail (black sleepered) - but this will rust eventually!! - useful for Magnatraction locos though!
Regards
David Y

OOPS sorry madkitten, but you really should remember to log out on the shop computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
David Y

1 - 7 of 7 Posts