Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I just wanted to post my opinion on a topic that sometimes causes friction amongst modellers. That topic is whether you collect, have a layout that's fully senicked or somewhere in between. Whether you run G Scale or Z. To me it makes no difference as to whether your opinion on model train subjects have greater or lesser weight. We all want our stuff to look good and when or if we run them that they run with as few problems as possible. The level of detail, scale dimensions are a a matter of choice and sometimes budget. We should describe things as we see it but respect others that have a different perspective.

There are so many aspects to our hobby that each can find their niche. We all fall victim to making judgements, myself included. Let's try to step back once in awhile and just enjoy playing choo-choo trains while we still can! Christmas is not so far away. I expect everyone out there to have a train running under the tree. I know our family Lego train will be making it's yearly rounds.

When we get closer to the holiday I'll create a thread where I expect pics from everyone. That's of course if it's appropriate to your observance.

·
Registered
487 Posts
As a model railway enthusiast, I never make judgement on other modellers layouts, certainly offer my help and certainly seek other's help when I am stuck.
What I am really good at, is to enjoy to the full of what I have and thankful.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm very like Dennis in my simple liking of trains, regardless of scale, gauge or nationality. I am absolutely garbage at scenary, so I don't spend my time on it but I hugely admire those who excel at it, I really do.

It's entertaining and often educational to discuss differences but I never take it too seriously - I like them all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts